10.06.2013

DAY 144: PANTHER CREEK & MICE


miles: 26

Southern Washington is interesting - it is rolling hills, deep dark forests, lush, green green green green green and full of fall colors.

Our road sleep was good and we got an early start on the day.








The greenest, lushest snack spot I've ever seen...




Some fritos.













Today we all hike hike hiked in awe of the forest. The hiking was relatively easy and we cruised.

I fell in to a creek. Suddenly I was sitting... in the water. I don't even know how it happened but I think it was a lesson to get me to use my trekking poles more, particular for stream crossings. I've been getting a bit bold when it comes to crossing slippery things without my poles.

lunch. 

lunch.


lunch.

lunch - in a meadow.

...




Made it to Panther Creek by dark. Not much to report today.

Other than I think I listened to a record number of Radiolab podcasts.

No comments: