9.28.2014

DAY 167: ALPINE LAKES VIEWS

miles: 18

The morning began when I poked my head out of the tent and witnessed a large deer passing Smiles & Dr. Slosh's tent. Next: two fawns. 


Morning hiking is my favorite hiking.


The views. I can't.... 


Always pleased to come around the corner and see a break happening. I will always accept a break.


Morning rest stop #1

Smiles cut herself on this frayed wire. 

WHERE ARE WE?

Lunch break on the trail - not ideal, but we HAD to stop halfway up the climb and eat something.

Shoe dry-out in progress. 

Brooks, Injinjis, Soles

Good thing no one came through during our trail take-over.


The Alps?


Still climbing. 

This was a hard climb.


Stretching...

View from the top! 

<3

Low-blood sugar moment for me.

"Should we do more miles?"









Dice.











me, Smiles, Dr. Slosh


2 comments:

Mary said...

Were you guys at Aneroid Lake this summer in the Wallowas? It looked like thru hikers and looked kind of like you guys.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, we did not make it to the Wallowas this summer - I wish! So no, that was not us.

Next summer we'd really like to get out to the Wallowas a few times :)

- Thyra