4.29.2013

DAY 8: KICK OFF AND RELAX

April 27.

Zero day number 3.

For those of you who don't know, a Zero day is when you do ZERO MILES that day, so when I refer to it, it will mean we spent the night in a town, perhaps, and then laid around ALL DAY the next day, spending a second night and leaving in the morning.

We're currently soaking in our 3rd one.

Recap of Saturday's events at Kick Off (since it is easier to do bullet style lists than write a novel):

- Slept in
- Felt like I had heat stroke, even though our campsite was in the shade and I was supine all day. It was hot!
- Took a shower
- Went to all of the vendor tables and obtained a lot of extra food I did not need.
- Gave away all of my free Pro Bars
- Laid on my sleeping pad in the shade for probably 4 hours
- Tried to listen to talks but got very sleepy every time I had to concentrate.
- Got to know our camp mates, had a good time.
- Sat at a picnic table for too long
- One special thing that DID happen, was our friend Jeff Kish aka "Siddhartha" came over to our campsite, plucked the three of us out of our group and requested we come with him. We were taken to his campsite where all of the previous years (2012) hikers were camped and partying. He had a special celebratory beer waiting for us to be opened and toasted. It was really cool.

We also took our class photo!!! You will see down below. I'm upset I do not have the ability to attach captions to each photo.

Feeling mildly antsy about not hiking for so long - I'm definitely ready to get back out on the trail.
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Thyra! Bon voyage to you and the gang--Ill be following you from here in Berkely, CA. Thanks for bringing us along!

-- Lee

Anonymous said...

Brian-portland or-----hey Thyra! I'm glad you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having the time of your life on the trail! Your blog is great, all of us at work look forward to hearing what your day on the trail was like. I wish we could talk on the phone. You are SO missed at work, it is a sad feeling as we realize you are gone for such a long time. The weather in Portland is looking great!! Be Safe on the Trail :)