5.23.2013

DAY 29: WRIGHTWOOD


miles: 0

Second zero day in a row. Hell Yeah.

Feeling antsy to get back on the trail but also thrilled to be resting my feet. 


Ate at the Evergreen Cafe - highly recommended.

Feet elevated.
Calorie consumption overload.
Fresh fruit.
Beers.
Cozy cabin family time.
Walks to and from the market.
Showers and hygiene attention.
Bounce box maintenance.
Bills bills bills chores.
Breakfast at diner. 
Puppies.
Skin care.
Nail care.
Foot care.

It was all so good. 

Zero days are weird. They suck you in and keep you there, you love them but you also ache to get back on the trail. They are both relaxing and anxiety inducing. For me, they are mostly positive and relaxing, but for others, it's different.

What is there to not like about them?

1. Waiting on/dealing with post offices
2. I remember I have loose ends at home that I didn't take care of (bills)
3. The pack gets unloaded EVERYWHERE and it stresses me out
4. Packing my pack before leaving
5. The daunting task of calling/texting/writing to people - this is a weird one because its not negative! I want so desperately to speak to everyone and be in touch, but it is overwhelming. The amount if things I want to tell, the amount of questions I have about life back at home, and who do I get in touch with first? I become so indecisive I just freeze and do nothing and lay supine with my eyes closed (because this is not something we get to do unless we are sleeping)
6. Charging my devices is stressful

I guess so many things, so many reasons! But overall, who doesn't like a day off? I love them. Zero days.

Things I look forward to on a zero day in order of what I am tending to do first in towns:

1. Eat greasy food
2. Seeing if I have any care packages
3. Laying flat with my feet up
4. Showering
5. Drinking a good beer
6. Sleeping 10 hours
7. Touring the town
8. Collecting postcards
9. Eating

Wrightwood is all of our most favorite town stop so far. 


I spent a large part of my day at the small library, using the computer. Organized and washed all of my things, ate nectarines, and lounged.

Patrick, the neighbor child we played with last night, came over a few times to see if we wanted play and casually mentioned he had some puppies next door, no biggie. 

PUPPIES. He brought some puppies over. 



The night wound down and ended early. We wake at 6:00....

3 comments:

lauren ashley said...

I love that precious puppies and kitties and sweet sweet produce seem to follow you around!

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WRINKLY FOREHEAD.

Impecunious said...

I hope you're icing your feet whenever you have ice. It's the miracle cure... Puppies will ease any pain..

Bill

Donna said...

Nice post tthanks for sharing