5.31.2013

DAY 37: ZERO IN PEACE


miles: 0

Lounging, dozing, resting, napping, snacking, eating ice creams, taking country strolls, napping, supine position, lounging.... that is all today was.

We haven't ever had a zero day quite like this, they always tend to involve chores, and even if the chores are done, we may be stressing, or hurrying to complete some task. Not here.

At the Anderson's, taking it easy is encouraged, and it is easy to stick around their house because they live in such a tiny "town". They live in Green Valley, California - a teensy town of a few folks. There is only a gas station and a small diner. It reminded me of Alsea or even Tidewater, Oregon where I have some family.


We went to the gas station store a few times to get ice cream, snacks, and beer, but that was about all we did.

Dr. Slosh consumed an entire gallon of ice cream: Caramel Delight.

We painted our nails red.

There were 2 huskies lounging around.

We gorged on pancakes in the a.m.

Hot dogs were served for lunch.

Taco Salad was served for dinner (again - yes!)

Dance party commenced at 10pm. Shit be gettin' wild tonight!


P.S. It has been hard for me to find the motivation to type on my iPhone at the end of the day so blogging has not been a priority and I apologize for the bursts of posts. I am trying to figure out how to blog more consistently, but it is hard. There are so many things every day I wish I could relay to you folks at home, it's something that I think about while I hike - and I try to take mental note of all of the thoughts, stories, and things I want to share, but they leave me by the end of the day sometimes.

I've decided to start jotting down thoughts as I go throughout the day. We'll see how that goes, maybe it will help?

I miss you all. Love love love -----------

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your iPhone has a Voice Memo app and you can record your thoughts there. If you run out of space, you can upload your Voice Memo's to Dropbox or some other "Cloud" storage area. I did this when I was walking the Camino Portuguese last fall, and had wished I did it when I walked the Camino de Santiago the first time three years ago. You will treasure those moments! BTW, I met a friend of yours, Angela, on a backpack trip last weekend. I'm really enjoying following the Portland people walking. Hoping to do some trail magic for ya'll when you get to Oregon.