6.25.2013

DAY 57: FORESTER PASS

miles: 22.5

Short and sweet of it: I'll update with more words later, for now: a photo summary of today.

Forester Pass is the highest point on the actual PCT. Today we would go over Forester AND Kearsarge Pass in order to make it to town tonight. The town of Bishop, California. We need a rest.

As you can imagine.

Freezing morning means wearing my fleece socks as mittens while I eat a frozen pop tart.






Ben and Sour Cream as they approach Forester Pass.

Forester Pass is the tiny notch in that mountain there (with the snow bit)

Sour Cream and Rocky (Rocky rockin' the 7th grader pants)

Getting closer to that notch.

AT THE NOTCH, just a little higher and we cross over to the other side! Look how little snow there is!


























Bullfrog Lake.







4 comments:

Mojavedeserthiker said...

Hi
What flavor DSLR are you using? I could not find it in your gear list. I vacillate between a heavy Nikon D300 and much lighter but less functional Manual Leica point and shoot. You are getting me pumped up for my own trip to Sequoia Kings next week!

olenkattack said...

all of those perfect secret lakes!

Unknown said...

Mojavedeserthiker - I use a Canon EOS Rebel T3... it is a really light weight DSLR and very basic.

These photos in this post, however, are taken with my iPhone 4 :)

Get pumped!! That's awesome.

Olenka - PERFECT. SECRET. LAKES.

Unknown said...

Killer pics!