6.28.2013

DAY 59: TWO ZEROS IN A ROW IS THE WAY TO DO IT

miles: 0

Today was our second zero day. It consisted of a haircut, eating sandwiches, and sitting on a computer.

I didn't take very many photos... but I met a cutie pie pup in a local outfitter shop.


Bishop has a lot of great little shops! Ray's Sandwich place was DELICIOUS and reminded me of Portland, just a bit. I've been missing Portland a lot lately (sometimes only a little bit, sometimes a lot - homesick style) and often daydream about good, quality food, coffee and beer. Bishop was able to provide these things and was the first trail town where I could find all three easily.


I loved it. We loved it.

Tomorrow we journey back up and over Kearsarge Pass to the PCT again and begin a 7 day stretch through the High Sierras where we will do a pass a day. This means that every day will be dictated by elevation gains and losses and how tough the terrain is. We plan to go over a pass a day.

(For those of you who don't know what a pass is: it is the lowest point between/up and over/through/ a mountain/mountain range) so we will be climbing 2-4,000 feet within a short amount of time each day, getting to the top of a pass, and descending back down to a valley where we will camp and set up for another pass the next day. It is going to be the most gorgeous country. It is also going to be grueling.

We have planned for 7 days of hiking under 20 miles a day, but we will see how that goes.

I will not have time to update for about a week or so, seeing as wi-fi and computer access is (and has been) frustratingly limited. In Bishop, I was able to schedule my posts to post every day so that I could keep you guys in the loop and get you caught up, but this time, I will not be able to do that... unfortunately.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful the forecast is calling for record heat for the next six days. You are awesome and I love your pictures.