9.16.2013

WASHINGTON? YEAH.

Made it to White Pass. Heading out to Snoqualmie today. The weather has taken a turn... And it is very inhospitable outside. 

Some Washington tidbits:

- it's gorgeous: verdant, lush, tall, damp.
- everything is so lush!
- Trout Lake, Washington was a cute town
- bottle fed some baby kittens
- stayed in one of our favorite rooms at the Trout Lake Grocery
- Mt. Adams was a treat
- Goat Rocks Wilderness was one of our favorite sections so far
- saw a lot of goats 
- barely escaped the rain as we came into White Pass

I know this is brief, but I just had to update on our whereabouts. Of course I will do a day by day when we return home, but for now I'll need to keep things simple. 

A few photos: 




The Mt. Adams Creek crossing was terrifying. Here is Shotput navigating the silty water. Ben is in the background prepping for the endeavor. The water was the coldest water ice ever experienced. Colder than ice water.





Mt. Adams



Goat Rocks Wilderness



The Knifes Edge










The cloud we narrowly avoided



And finally... I'm looking forward to this guy when we get home: 

6 comments:

SF said...

I like that cat's ear. I like that cat.

Anonymous said...

Yes! That cat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. Its great! I was google'ing bounce boxes when I found it.

Mug

Anonymous said...

Also, your blog has motivated me to change my long term plan from the AT to the PCT. It seems more social and way more fun. I am currently in Afghanistan and am living vicariously through your blog...I miss trees!

Good Luck and get caught up on your blog :)

Mug

Anonymous said...

Thyra, Just got done catching up on your blog. Your photos are so amazing. I can't believe that one shot of you crossing that treacherous river! I admire you, Ben, Angela and the other intrepid hikers so much. It is a thrill to read about your adventures and I hope to hear more when you return to Portland. Now who is that orange kitty?? I have a couple you have to meet, too :-)

continued safe travels to all of you!
Natalia

Unknown said...

Natalia: Thanks for reading! The orange kitty is the kitty that lives at Ben's dads house (his name is Elliot and he is so so so sweet). Can't wait to meet your new additions!

Mug: Currently frantically trying to get caught up on my blog and get my feet on the ground after being home! :) Glad to hear you are going to do the PCT - I highly recommend it!