7.12.2013

DAY 64: EVOLUTION CREEK

I don't have access to the photos of this day. They'll be posted at a later date.

miles: 17

I really really really don't feel like talking about this day... for some reason. Also, I need to move on with my posts and catch up. MAJOR CATCH UP.

Like... majorly.

So, here's the deal. I will review the 64th day later, and publish a few posts that follow that day.

In summary: the three of us (Sour Cream, Rocky and I) were INSANELY weak and tired on this day, considering it was the day after the climb up and over Muir Pass. We had a relatively easy walk in the park of a day, but lethargically sauntered through it with great difficulty. It was as if my body was weighed down with lead. I could barely gather enough energy to take my pack on and off. This day was "easy", why was I struggling so much? Mentally I was in a great place, enjoying the serenity of the Evolution Basin. Sour Cream and Rocky walked together most of the day, discussing Harry Potter.

My knees shook and wobbled and I inched along.

No pass today - just beautiful valleys and streams.

Let's move on! What's next??

No comments: