7.27.2013

DAY 79: BACK TO WIND

These colors.

miles: 22


This is officially my favorite section.











Notes on today:

-Ran into some mountain bikers on the trail this morning.
-Pretty easy day of hiking as King Street, Pepperflake Rocky and I leap frogged each other all day.
-Hunger like you wouldn't believe.
-I was ready for lunch way before the rest and, being in the back of the line, was waiting to see the boys seated and eating lunch ANY TIME. I could not wait to eat! Eventually I heard a whistle off to my left, and through the trees I spotted the boys - LUNCH TIME on a lake! Granite for a seat. It was a jubilant lunch, full of stories and laughter AND NO mosquitos!

Onward.

After lunch, King Street and I were both immensely fatigued. I pushed on and passed him struggling with the sleepiness on a rock. Maybe he took a nap? We didn't see him until later that evening at camp.

This section is my most favorite section of trail so far -- the section between Sonora Pass and Carson Pass -- just... it's another world.

Set up camp in a windy little bowl of an area nestled amongst the cliffs. 







A distant fire...



No comments: