7.13.2013

DAY 69: MAMMOTH II

miles: 0

Another zero day in Mammoth - I love taking two zeros. 

Photos to come later. 

Lots of walking and shopping and Von's-ing, and library-ing, and eating.

Had to move over to the Quality Inn because Travelodge was booked for the rest of the week due to a Mountain Bike event of some sort...

Quality Inn has: high ceilings, no A/C, the best bed I've EVER slept in, and a great shower head. Some great things, some terrible things (no A/C when it's 100 degree heat wave of the century).

I'm not kidding - this was the absolute best bed I've ever slept in AND I had the best night's sleep of my life. 

The day wound down after we went to the Post Office. Sour Cream departed solo in order to get to Tuolumne Meadows in time to meet his dad, who he would be hiking with for the next 2 weeks. It was very sad to say goodbye to him, but we knew we'd seem him later. 

Chik-Chak, Rocky and Starfox made dinner plans and I decided to stay in for the night. This was the best decision. I enjoyed a night all to myself in a king size bed, watching Moonrise Kingdom and drinking a beer. I haven't experienced such luxurious solitude in a long time. There is something so rejuvenating about a few hours to yourself in a hotel room! Just laying. JUST. LAYING. NOT. MOVING. No conversation, no chores, no pressure. Just pure relaxation.

I loved it.

No comments: