7.13.2013

DAY 71: DONAHUE PASS TO TUOLUMNE MEADOWS

Thousand Island Lakes. 
SUCH. A. GOOD. DAY. despite the mosquitos, who are driving me absolutely nuts.

DEET: I try not to use it and opt for my rain suit first. If it is over 88 degrees out and/or there is a giant climb and/or it is an exposed section where I will get baked - rain gear is not an option. So... we've resorted to DEET, unfortunately. I honestly do not see any other way to do this, they are UNBELIEVABLY ferocious.

Donahue Pass was first thing on our agenda, after passing Thousand Island Lakes. And man, did Donahue Pass kick my ass.


Approaching Donahue Pass

No words to describe.

Trying to enjoy poptarts through a mosquito net.

Top of Donahue Pass

What the trail looks like sometimes.


In summary: lethargic day for me, met up with King Street on top of Donahue Pass and we leap frogged with him all day, the entrance into Tuolumne Meadows was a grand one... simply beautiful.

Did big miles to get there and rewarded ourselves with plenty of beers (Mammoth Brewing of course!) and hugs and high fives with other hikers we encountered there.

Sour Cream, Smiles and Dr. Slosh arrived on a tour bus and surprised us! WHAT A TREAT!

Rocky and King Street, who we've linked up with.

The Tuolumne Meadows reward. 

Where we drop our life belongings while we go in the store.


No comments: